- Preheat oven to 240°C.
- Break garlic bulb into cloves, leaving them unpeeled.
- Place garlic and onions in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with half the oil, some seasoning and 1 Tbsp (15ml) chopped thyme and rosemary.
- Halve 1 lemon and squeeze over the onions and garlic, then add lemon “shells” and toss together.
- Place chicken in the roasting pan and drizzle with remaining oil.
- Prick remaining lemon all over and place into the chicken cavity with remaining thyme and rosemary.
- Place in oven and reduce heat to 200°C. Roast for about 1 hour and 20 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with roast potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Peel and halve 8 large roasting potatoes. Simmer in water until cooked through. Drain and dry on kitchen towel.
- Pour ½ cup (125ml) Westfalia Plain Avocado Oil into a roasting pan and place in the oven to heat, about 5 minutes.
- Scrape potatoes with a fork to form ridges.
- Season 1/3 cup (80ml) flour and toss through potatoes.
- Spoon potatoes into roasting pan and return to the oven. Roast for 40-50 minutes or until crispy. Toss every 15-20 minutes to ensure even cooking.
DID YOU KNOW?
Westfalia Premium Avocado Oil is high in Vitamin E and is a powerful antioxidant. Approved by the Heart and Stroke Foundation of South Africa as part of its eating plan, it contains omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids that help lower levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol. It is also certified kosher and halaal.